Thursday, July 01, 2010

Better Left Unknown

A buddy of mine recently suggested that I install analytics software on my blog, possibly out of concern for my general well-being. (In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have told him how much time I spend Googling myself to find out how many other webpages link to me.) I was initially skeptical, but then I got a look at the various search terms that've led people to my site. Here's a sampling:

what is strife

who invented witchcraft

suffer not a poisoner to live

is the queen the whore of babylon

hoodoo guadalupe altar

my eyebrow twitches

twitches in eyebrow

why my eyebrow twitching

how can you stop twitching an eyebrow

my eyebrow is twitching how do i stop it

what does that mean if my eyebrow twitches

hugh jackman

dirty dr pepper

hanukwanzmas
 
When I first started blogging, I had ambitious visions of becoming the Brave New Voice of Modern Paganism. Instead, I've apparently become the definitive online source for information on twitchy eyebrows. And... tainted soft drinks, I guess? Wow. This is not how I thought things would go.
 
But eh, whatever.  Fame is fame.
 
Oh, and also, your eyebrow is twitching because you need sleepYou're welcome.

8 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

But just think -- when Hugh Jackman googles himself -- YOUR blog will pop up! It could lead to all sorts of things.

Kitty said...

What I want to know is why was someone looking up a dirty dr pepper? Was it naughty? Did it need a spanking?

Oh oh! It was a great night with hugh jackman and a dirty dr pepper!

Evn said...

Debra: OoooOOOooh, that hadn't occurred to me.

Kitty: The way you phrased this makes "dirty dr pepper" sound like a sex act. I approve.

Kitty said...

Well, I'm a newlywed so everything has a sexual connotation right now :) I am so honored of your approval oh master of strife.

(who am I kidding, to me everything has a sexual connotation whether I'm a newlywed or not!)

knottybynature said...

Just no kool aid.

Anne-Kathrine said...

LOL isn't it nice to see where you stand in the universe LOL!

beweave said...

wow, just wow. No telling what folks might be thinking is there.

Witch Mom said...

Allthose search terms have me titillated. But I must admit, I got here through pagan blogrolls. Nice to have found you, will be following you know.

Lily, aka Witch Mom
http://parentingbythelightofthemoon.blogspot.com