Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Seven Year Witch

On June 24, 2003, I looked out the window of my downtown Houston office just in time to see a giant, flamingo-shaped balloon drift lazily by. After processing the sureality of the moment, I thought, "You know, I should really write this down."

And with that, I officially entered the blogosphere.

Happy Anniversary, Loyal Strifemongers. I may not be the greatest or most prolific of writers, but I'll be damned if I don't have the best readers.

Seriously, thanks so much for sticking around. You guys totally complete me.

10 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Seven years! You're like one of the Greybeards of the Blogosphere! Happy Blogoversary!

Jarred said...

Happy blog anniversary! May you keep blogging for at least another seven years.

Veles said...

Thank goodness for that flamigo-shaped baloon, without which none of the fun stuff would have been!

We should make a pink flamingo one of our Totems. ;)

W/V: dimmudge

Aithne said...

Happy Anniversary!

Bo said...

aaaw

knottybynature said...

Happy Bloggerversary!

Thinking of the flamingo, have your ever been 'flamingoed'?

A very interesting person I met in Dallas used to live in Jersey...and she said that it was a commonality in the gay community to get 'flamingoed' (face it, most straight people aren't that fun).

Anyway...the idea was that you'd wake up one morning and find a bunch of flamingos decorating your lawn. SO...of course, the very next night, you'd sneak out to plant them in someone else's yard....so on, and so forth. :)

Just thoughts. Hope you're having a great day!

Magaly Guerrero said...

Congrats! Of course you have the best readers! How could you not? You are fun, smart, cheerful (or gay) and outrageous! Such a great combo!

Anne Johnson said...

I may not visit as much as I would like, but I am damned proud to be a Strifemonger! Happy 7th anniversary!

Yewtree said...

Happy Bloggiversary!

hidingplainsight said...

Yay!!!