Saturday, April 03, 2010

Now Playing: Pants On Fire

A conversation between myself and my buddy Smokey Q, who for some reason is not speaking to me at the moment:

Smokey Q - "Hey, we're going to go see Clash of the Titans in 3-D today. Want to come along?"

Me - "Nah, I've got too much stuff to take care of. Plus I don't know how I feel about that movie without Maggie Smith as Thetis. Thanks, though."

SQ - "I've actually never seen a 3-D movie before. We won't, like, need to bring our own glasses or anything, will we?"

Me - "Oh, no."

SQ - "Okay, so they'll give us glasses at the theatre."

Me - "No."

SQ - "I don't understand."

Me - "You just have to let your eyes go out of focus."

SQ - "Um... what?"

Me - "Remember those optical illusion posters that were so popular back in the 90's? It's like that."

SQ - "Please tell me you're joking."

Me - "The trick is to look at the screen without looking at the movie itself. Eventually, your eyes will adjust, and the three-dimensional images will come to the forefront."

SQ - "I... really don't want to see it now."

Me - "Oh, and also? They'll give you glasses at the theatre."

SQ - [stony silence]

Me - "But please let me know if Maggie Smith has a cameo."

SQ - "I hate you."

Coincidentally, none of my friends invite me to their poker nights anymore.
Go figger.

4 comments:

Brother Christopher said...

you sir, are evil.

and hilarious

Evn said...

My brother, I do my best to excel at both.

;)

Deinos said...

I'm right there with you on the Maggie Smith issue. Thetis was my favorite of the immortals in the original.


I'm a sucker for hot men in tunics, though, so I'll probably see the remake eventually... say <Thetis> In thirty days </Thetis> or so.

hidingplainsight said...

Evil Bastard. I love you.

Bwahahahahaha. Laughing my ass off over here.