Thursday, February 04, 2010

The Key Is in the Cards

My dear friend Trothwy has devised an excellent way to contribute to the Haitian relief effort while simultaneously giving Pat Robertson the finger. She's set up a new Web site, Key for Giving, to collect donations for Doctors Without Borders. Donate through her site, and she'll give you a divinatory reading in return.

Trothwy is, among other things, a cartomancy whiz, so even with the standard "Entertainment Purposes Only" disclaimer, you can't get much more win-win. She's got a fundraising goal of $500, and I'd love to see her reach it--if you haven't already had a chance to help out, now's the perfect opportunity.

ETA: If you look in the comments section, you'll notice that Trothwy received a glowing testimonial from Nettle. (Thanks, Nettle!) And druids aren't allowed to lie, or else they get scabies. So make with the deductibles already.

9 comments:

trothwy said...

I love the part about giving Pat Robertson the finger. Because of you, I'll be grinning every time I lay the cards out.

Thanks for this, Evn. What a good friend you are!

Evn said...

You're very welcome! I'm happy to oblige.

nettle said...

Trothwy, I just got my reading and while I'm answering you privately I just want to say here in public that not only was it very helpful, it was also entirely accurate concerning details that I didn't mention in my initial question - like, "hey, how did she know that?" accurate.

so, seconding Evn's recommendation - go get yourself a reading! will plug you on my own blog later...

trothwy said...

Aaaw ... thanks!

Yewtree said...

Tweeted and posted to metaPagan

PS - Evn - follow me on Twitter (vogelbeere)

Evn said...

Done!

k. sequoia said...

There you are!

I almost emailed you myself, but figured that might be kind of stalkerish, since we've only just 'met.'

Rock on,
kim@redhandferi

Bo said...

That Gardner quote is wince-making!

Evn said...

LOL I knew you were going to hate it.

WV = Beleni: What Bo needs several of after reading that quotation.