Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Hooker Heels Sold Separately

Me - "I need some new furniture, but I don't have any money."

My buddy N. - "Why don't you just go to a thrift store? Or the Salvation Army? Or a second whore shop?"

Me - "That's not a bad... wait, a what?"

N. - "A second who... um, a second hand shop."

Me - "Quite a Freudian slip there, bucky."

N. - "I honestly have no clue why I said that."

Me - "Is there anything going on in your personal life that I should know about? I mean, are you, like, in the market for a gently-used whore?"

N. - "Okay, okay. Moving on."

Me - "I'm just saying I'm never going shopping with you."

N. - "You're going to torture me with this for awhile, aren't you?"

Me - "Probably."

N. - "Wonderful."

Me - "Whoremonger."

12 comments:

Deborah said...

People who misspell "separately" have no business mocking others for Freudian slips.

Evn said...

Argh! I tried to fix it before anyone noticed.

Anonymous said...

With these folks you thought you could get away with something as simple as a spelling error? ROFLMAO

Turner Cain

Liz said...

Oh, Evn, In a generally not amusing world, you give such a good chuckle.

Yewtree said...

What about the first whore shop?

Evn said...

Shut down. Police raid.

Code Name Sarah said...

Sounds like a simple language burp to me. Your friend was probably thinking "second hand store" but tried to verbalize "second hand shop," therefore creating the vastly entertaining "second whore shop."

Doesn't make it any less funny, but it is a reasonable explanation that minimizes the influence of a certain dirty old Viennese man. Heh.

Matt Gerlach said...

I bet it would be very hard to tell the difference between a Whoremonger and a Fishmonger, both would be down by the docks, smell like fish and require you to get there early to find the freshest catch...

Siobhan said...

Happy Solstice, Evn.

WVW: partiati -- how I hope you are celebrating ;)

Evn said...

Happy Solstice!

zemkat said...

Hey you gently used whore, I sent you a picture of Ryan Dickinson's penis and need to know if you would have sex with him. This is very important because he's deciding if he's gay or not.

knottybynature said...

Try Craig's List for furniture too.

;)

Hope your Solstice was a good one.