Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Tuesday Trivia - The Bechdel Test

In order to pass The Bechdel Test, a movie must a) feature at least two women, b) who talk to each other, c) about something besides a man. The following films all qualify.

1. "If there's one thing I can't stand about sleeping with women, it's all the fucking mind-reading." (Solved by Veles.)

2. Him: "Have you ever been mistaken for a man?" Her: "No. Have you?"
(Solved by Yvonne.)

3. "Love is a gift. A lot of people don't remember that. So you two better brace yourselves for a whole lot of ugly coming at you from a neverending parade of stupid." (Solved by Rebelleink.)

4. "Insanity runs in my family. It practically gallops." (Solved by Annye.)

5. "Why should I listen to you, anyway? You're a virgin who can't drive."
(Solved by Melville.)

6. "Well, Sinead O'Rebellion. Shock me shock me shock me with that deviant behavior." (Solved by Veles.)

7. "If you think I'm just plucky, and scrappy, and all I need is love, you're in over your heads." (Solved by Veles.)

17 comments:

melville22000 said...

#5 is Clueless.

#4 is very familiar. I'll have to think some more.

I can sign on with LJ now! Yay!

Evn said...

Woo hoo! (And you're correct.)

Yvonne Rathbone said...

#2 Aliens, Vasquez rocks.

Evn said...

As do you. ;)

Annye said...

#4 is Arsenic and Old Lace. A classic!

Evn said...

Good job!

Veles said...

#6 is Empire Records!

Evn said...

I've never seen Empire Records all the way through, but this is still one of my favorite quotations of all times.

Veles said...

Oh, and #1 is Bound.

Evn said...

'Tis.

Veles said...

I do believe #7 is The Opposite of Sex

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Clearly I don't watch enough movies. I don't have a clue about any of these!

Evn said...

Veles, 'tis again.

Debra, no worries! Helpful hints may be available.

rebelleink said...

#3: Hairspray?

Evn said...

Ding ding ding!

rebelleink said...

Wooo hooo! Found you from Gods Are Bored, like your blog. And I'm a sucker for trivia.

Evn said...

I'm glad you're enjoying it! The trivia migrated over from Property of a Lady, so I'm happy to keep things going.