Saturday, May 16, 2009

I may not be fluent in Sci-Fi, but I'm conversational enough to get my point across

Sarah - "I hated the new Star Trek movie."

Me - "I'm sorry, but I am not at liberty to discuss the new Star Trek movie."

Sarah - "Why not?"

Me - "You know how, in the Marvel Comics Universe, the US government passed the Superhuman Registration Act, and a group of superheroes led by Iron Man supported the legislation, while another group of superheroes led by Captain America opposed it? And then the X-Men came forward and declared neutrality?"

Sarah - "Yes. Yes, I'm aware."

Me - "Okay. In this situation, you're Captain America, Jack's Iron Man, and I'm the X-Men."

Sarah - "Ah. I understand your position completely. 'Nuff said."

And you know what's scary? Ever since we had that conversation, I just can't stop thinking, "Hell yeah, I'm a motherfucking X-Man."

Freakin' finally.

16 comments:

Jake said...

So which X-man are you? I'm thinking maybe Iceman or Cannonball. Possibly Archangel.

Evn said...

Jake, I am obviously Boom Boom's evil twin.

Geez, you think you've truly revealed yourself to someone, and then they go all Canonball or possibly Archangel on you...

;)

Deborah said...

You.

Need.

Meds.

Evn said...

You just now realized this?

Oh, honey, there is a secret cabal of scientists desperately trying to disprove my very existence, much less figuring out how to properly medicate me.

I am an enigma. And I'm very, very proud of that.

Red Delicious said...

If you're the X-Men, can I talk to you about endorsement deals? Because there are a few that I think would be f'ing hilarious.

Evn said...

I'm intrigued. Continue.

Siobhan said...

I can't wait until -I- can be a motherfucking X-MAN!

Just not Kitty Pride, please.

Kitty said...

If you are an X-man can I have your babies?

I loved the new Star Trek, tell Sarah we are now at war...bitch.

;)

Jake said...

I'm sorry, I understand your love for the character Boom Boom/Boomer/Meltdown, but I just don't see you as a trailer park nymphette with a thing for hayseed farm boys. Archangel may have been a stretch but I can't help but notice that you didn't deny Iceman. And we could always go the obvious route and say Northstar. Sexual preference simularities aside, the personality is awfully similar. Just saying.

Magaly Guerrero said...

I haven't watch the new Star Trek, so I don't have much to add. But can I be Storm? Please!!!!!!!!

Evn said...

Magaly, you can definitely be Storm! I never liked Halle Berry in the role.

Pax, Chief Priest to the Angel of Snarkness said...

Just as long as I get to be Wolverines love interest!

Siobhan said...

Pax, I had no idea you were suicidal! Wolverine's love interests HAVE to die in dramatic, plot-enabling ways. Bonus points for being tortured to death.

knottybynature said...

I'd want to be Psylocke. And not the white one, I'm talking about Kwannon.

Then again...Emma Frost is just sexy.

gueessit: the annoying game that someone plays when they keep asking you repeatedly the same question - Can you guess it?

Cogent Ascending said...

LMFAO!
"I am a motherfucking X-man!"
That was great.

Evn said...

Cogent, I'm glad you enjoyed it!