Saturday, April 25, 2009

We may have gone a wee bit overboard

Thanks so much to everyone who cast a vote for my favorite artist in the San Jose Clinic.

But I think we need to maybe back off a little. As it stands, most of the other entries have received 2 to 3 votes, tops, while our dark horse has received 51.

Oh, wait. Now she has 53.

Yeah, we gotta calm down. But the artist in question is thrilled that so many people appreciate her work. And she's resting comfortably in the knowledge that she can't directly be blamed for rigging the ballots.

9 comments:

Yvonne Rathbone said...

Oh, we should cover our tracks. Let's vote for other artists on the site.

I just voted for "My Window to the World" on page 9 and "Prohibition in the Heights" on page 17.

I felt so much better about myself for supporting the arts this morning that I even voted for the white terrier with the tennis balls.

Evn said...

I've been voting for other artists as well, although I have to admit that some of the entries really don't deserve to be ranked as "professional."

An unfinished, pastel-splattered crawfish? Really? This is an artistic expression?

Not so much. But I am doing my best to not judge.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Behold the power of teh interwebs!

Evn said...

Teh Interwebs! Susan Boyle!

Yvonne Rathbone said...

Ah, the tubes that bind us one to another.

Red Delicious said...

When the internet is all that is left of civilization, you may very well be one of the warlords.

Evn said...

RD, I look forward to it. You, of course, will be one of my lieutenants. I'll even come up with a Mad Max-style uniform for you. (Which reminds me: do you still have my Tinky Winky T-shirt?)

Siobhan said...

It looks like you are well on your way to having an interweb army ready to do your every bidding -- a la Steven Colbert.

Please only use your powers for good.

Anne Johnson said...

I added to the problem by casting my vote. But that's a stunning work of art, well worthy of our attention.