Friday, April 24, 2009

We interrupt my prolonged reclusiveness for a very important message

An extremely talented Houston-based artist, to whom I may or may not be related, has had her work accepted into a prominent show/silent auction. Her painting has been added to the show's Web site, where viewers are allowed to vote for their favorites.

So here's what I need you guys to do:

Go to www.sanjoseclinic.org. Over on the right side of your screen, you'll see a purple box titled "Art With Heart Tickets." Click on the "Web Gallery" link in that box, and then click on "2009 Professional Art." Scroll down to the page listings, then go to page three.

Once there, scroll down to the bottom, where, in the right corner, you'll notice a watercolor titled "Ethnic Strife." Click on the image, then scroll down one final time to the star ratings.

At this point, you'll want to click on the five stars. And by "You'll want to," I mean "Just fucking do it."

Starving artists everywhere thank you for your willing, earnest support.

12 comments:

Junior said...

Done. I tried to rate it twice, but the Man stopped me.

Red Delicious said...

Boom.

Red Delicious said...

Also this:

http://scottmeetsfamilycircus.tumblr.com/post/96647043

Yvonne Rathbone said...

Done. Several times.

To vote multiple times, clear your cookies.

Screw the Man!

Pom said...

You're NOT the boss of me! Ok you are. I'm such a wimp! But I only voted once dammit - I have my pride!

Siobhan said...

Your wish is my command. Ok, this was more like "your command is my command," but you get the idea.

Have you been ok?

Evn said...

Thanks, guys! Strifemongers rock.

Siobhan, I'm doing well. It's just been a crazy couple o' weeks.

Siobhan said...

Good! The most recent time there was such a big gap, you needed oral surgery!

I have to admit, some days it seems to me to be a little odd to be worried about someone I've never met. Ain't the interwebs wonderful?

Evn said...

(grin) This is the very reason why I love Teh Interwebs so much. I could never garner this kind of concern/popularity in real life.

Pax, Chief Priest to the Angel of Snarkness said...

"(grin) This is the very reason why I love Teh Interwebs so much. I could never garner this kind of concern/popularity in real life."

Ya know, we could always try to arrange a Strife-fest event in Houston some year for everyone to meet face to face?!

Evn said...

Hmmm, StrifeFest. I like it!

Let me work on getting a little more famous before anything is set in stone, but I could definitely see this happening some time in the as-yet-to-be-determined future.

beweaver said...

Done. Jeesh.

*laugh*