Thursday, January 15, 2009

It's an honor just to be nominated

In an interview with Esquire magazine, Sarah Palin had this to say about her online detractors:

"Bored, anonymous, pathetic bloggers who lie annoy me."

Even though I made that solemn promise to stop making offensive political comments, I have to say that Palin's statement completely warmed my heart. And it also got me thinking about Tina Fey's Golden Globe acceptance speech:

"If you ever start to feel too good about yourself, they have this thing called the Internet. You can find a lot of people there who don’t like you. I’d like to address some of them now. BabsonLacrosse, you can suck it. DianeFan, you can suck it. Cougar Letter, you can really suck it ’cause you’ve been after me all year."

So now I have this fantasy where Sarah Palin wins some award or other and gives the following address:

"If you ever start to feel too good about yourself, they have this thing called the Internet. You can find a lot of people there who don’t like you. I’d like to address some of them now. Huffington Post, you can suck it. Daily Kos, you can suck it. Lover of Strife, you can really suck it, 'cause you're a gay Witch."

Oh, that would be heaven. If Sarah Palin ever tells me to suck it on national television, I'll totally send her a muffin basket.

11 comments:

Pom said...

I called her "McCain's Bitch" that's got to get me an honorable mention at least... Share the wealth a little! ;o) lol

Evn said...

I'm sure she'll give you a nod. ;)

Yvonne Rathbone said...

Sarah Palin also said that if she were a Democrat, people would be treating her like Tina Fey.

Um, no. Tina's funny. Palin can suck it.

Evn said...

If Tina Fey were Republican, would people treat her like Sarah Palin?

Oooh, it's a vicious circle. I love those.

Yvonne Rathbone said...

If Tina Fey were a Republican, would she be funny?

Wait, lemmme think....

OW!

(Don't try that at home.)

Deborah said...

If Sarah Palin was a Democrat who was a funny comedian she'd be treated like Tina Fey. As a Democratic politician, not so much.

Did you know the people Tina Fey mentioned were real commenters from the LA Times TV blog? And that the LA Times TV blog issued as apology?

AND did you know that when Golden Globe winner for Best TV Drama Matthew Weiner was asked to respond to Tina's comments with his own view of the Internet, he said that some of the Internet was great, like for example Basket of Kisses? Huh? Didja?

Deborah said...

"issued an apology"

an

fug

Evn said...

I know all of the above.

Congratulations! I'm very proud of you!

Evn said...

PS: I told everyone in my office about Matt Weiner crashing your season finale party. They freaked.

Yvonne Rathbone said...

Apology? For mentioning their names on national television in connection with one of the coolest shows currently on TV????

The LA Times needs to suck it. Cougar Letter needs to thank Tina Fey for those 15 minutes.

And while I'm not in Evn's office, I totally freaked when I heard about yer party. Snark Line rulz.

Red Delicious said...

I can't even remember what I was going to comment. All I know is my word verification is GISPIE, which makes me think of a cheap knock-off of GYPSY, and how hilarious it would be it Broadway shows had generic knock-offs made of them.

"Come on gang, we're gonna go see BRENT! I can't wait to sing along to "Seasons of Counted Time."