Thursday, May 15, 2008

I knew it, I coulda sworn...

Awhile back, I mentioned that somebody meme-tagged me, but I couldn't remember who it was. The follow up to that nail-biting cliffhanger is... happy day! I was poking around on Cosette's blog and accidentally found it:

Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
Open the book to page 123.
Find the fifth sentence.
Post the next three sentences.
Tag five people.

The closest book on hand was The Lost Civilizations of the Stone Age, by Richard Rudgley:

"All this time, the chief 'surgeon' was keeping up firm pressure on the uterus, which he continued to do until it was fully contracted. No sutures were put into the uterine wall. The assistant who had held the abdominal walls now slipped his hands to each extremity of the wound and secured there."

Wow. What the hell am I reading?

Anyhoo, I tag Grian, Apocrypha (you owe me one), Yvonne, Cat and Yellowdog Granny.

4 comments:

Anne Johnson said...

GAG! HACK! Where's your "Left Behind" series, boy?

Evn said...

I could swear I left them next to my copies of Witchcraft Today and Rush Limbaugh is a Big Fat Idiot, but now they're nowhere to be found.

I'll never survive the Rapture! [weeping]

Yvonne said...

Oooh someone actually tagged me in a meme!!!! I feel included in the blogosphere.

I've already done this meme, though :(

I tag you back to do the extended version that I invented.

Evn said...

My word is "sutures." This should prove interesting...