Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Please don't make me drink Freedom Vodka

I don't know why I'm surprised, considering that this is the country that made Toby Keith's "Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue" a smash hit. But to the people currently whining about Absolut Vodka: seriously folks, this...


...is not offensive. It's a cheeky, irreverent ad campaign, not directed at you, and it's based on Actual World History.

Yes, that's what Mexico used to look like. In the 1830's. No, we don't have to give California and Texas back. No, not even if a vodka manufacturer says we do. They are joking. "Joking" is a form of humor. No, I'm not going to define "humor" for you. Look it up. No, not on FoxNews.com. They don't know what it is, either.

Listen, how about this. I'll provide you with a more... shall we say, aesthetically-pleasing version of "An Absolut World" with which you can nurse your bruised patriotic sensibilities, but only if you promise not to breed.

Deal? Excellent. Here you go:


Knock yourselves out. I mean it.

No comments: