Friday, March 14, 2008

Poultry as soy alternative

After using up the majority of my lunch break running sundry errands, I picked up a gigantic chicken caesar wrap at Kroger's and headed back to the office. It was tasty, really, but there was just too much of it for one person.

"Hey, does anyone want half of this?" I asked my employees, waving the wrap about.

"I thought you were vegetarian," R. remarked, eyeing the chicken suspiciously.

"Well, usually I am," I said. "But lately I've been craving meat, so I figure I need the iron or the protein or something."

"Why don't you just save the rest of it for lunch tomorrow?" R. asked.

"Because I might be vegetarian tomorrow." I countered.

This was all perfectly logical to me, but the look on R.'s face suggested that I might want to pay more attention when Jack refers to me as "the most frustrating man on the planet."

Whatever. I'm going to go get a chili dog.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahahaha. wonderful answer. I change every day sometimes twice in one hour.

cynthia
beweaver.wordpress.com

Evn said...

You just gotta listen to what your body wants, you know?

Although why my body wants french fries so often is anybody's guess. I assume it's some kind of repressed Irish defense mechanism.

Jack said...

No. He IS the most frustrating man on the planet. I know. I have to live with him.

Evn said...

I'm a saint. And get back to work, you.

Angela-Eloise said...

Evn, do you think you might be pregnant?

Evn said...

Nah. I just got my moon time. Safe for another month.