Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Meme Crazy: Desk Edition

I love the meme tag phenomenon so gosh-darn much that I've decided to start my very own. It's simple, but it could be enlightening and/or lead to nostalgia.

Open up your desk drawers. Rummage about. List ten things you find there:

1. shampoo

2. twelve different varieties of tea

3. wooden novelty pen from Mexico, sporting a jaunty sombrero

4. page from my "Forgotten English" calendar, featuring a vivid description of starry-gazy-pie

5. very, very old citrus-flavored hemp lip balm

6. dish towel that I swear I've never seen before

7. tiny plastic monkey with an alligator clip on its head

8. Robert B. Parker novel

9. pencil sharpener shaped like a nose

10. lighter fluid

Now tag five people. For instance, I choose Deborah, Cosette, Sarah, Christopher and Le Cornichon (although Ann and Diana may both play, too).

Fun!

13 comments:

Diana Luciano Grayfox said...

Ta tag! You're in on the blog review meme.

Evn said...

Woot!

Georges said...

How can I play your weird game? My mom has perfume, incontinence pads, a bag of those horrid circus peanuts and a handgun in her desk.

Cosette said...

Yay! Done!

Evn said...

Georges, you'd need a blog on which to post the various things you find in your desk.

Sight unseen, I'd say your mom is a serial killer.

Evn said...

Cosette: yay, good job! I'll check it out forthrightly.

Sionnach said...

Very well, I have left my meme-mark and passed it on to others. You know, I had an image meme that no one has yet to comment on. I think you would find it interesting.
Also, thank you much for the tip on Copper Sulfate, I had no idea. I really should read up on the stuff I use...
Which I normally do. This time, oddly enough when it would matter most, I didn't. I had it left over from a green-fire experiment a few years ago. I thought, Copper and not Copper Sulfate in my magical association without even considering the chemical stuff.
So, again, thank you for pointing that out to me!!

sxvrp

Evn said...

I did see the image meme on your blog. Unfortunately, the first word that came to mind pulled up some blatantly obvious photos in Google--not fun or intriguing at all. The second word that came to mind taught me an important lesson about making sure Safe Search is turned *on* when at the office.

Sionnach said...

Oh dear me...the first one seems obvious. Pan? I don't go by that one anymore.
The second? I look forward too. lol

Evn said...

It wasn't Pan, but good guess.

Sionnach said...

Now now, You're certainly not allowed to =not= post the images and then =not= give me clues, but still taunt me like this.
You've already done it a second time, so do not even tell me to go away. I'm well aware that my mother smells of elder berries.
So, what is it? Or at least a clue? Or post the images.

Evn said...

http://www.sionnach.org/front.jpg

Code Name Sarah said...

Late to the party as always, I finally made my list today...

View it here.

Yargh. Tax season.