Sunday, January 21, 2007

My Mother Superior The Car

It never occurred to me that this day would come, considering my money management issues and controversial credit score, but I bought a car. A 2004 Toyota Rav 4 to be precise, black with sporty little silver accents on the sides. I named him Nicky the Wicked Bad Boy (after the character I played in Bell, Book and Candle and the way a local theatre critic described my performance), and I've also started referring to him as my trusty steed.

I didn't think I could ever love a black car, but it's totally true what they say about never going back. And the icing on the top of the automotive cake? Nicky's a lapsed Catholic.

There's some adhesive residue on his dashboard where there was either a plastic Jesus or Virgin Mary figurine, and when bright lights hit the rearview mirror, you can make out the outlines of where there used to be stickers in the shapes of a crucifix and praying hands. But Nicky gave all of that up to come practice Witchcraft with me.

Good Nicky. Have a sugar cube.

No comments: