Monday, October 16, 2006

You have the right to remain dreamy, Corey

The Gods of Camp Classics must have been smiling favorably upon me this weekend, because I picked up a veritable motherload of cheesy occult-themed horror movies. Here are a few of my finds:

Voodoo - Corey Feldman joins a college fraternity, unaware that it's really a murderous cult. In one significant scene, we learn that zombies are ace tattoo artists.

Tales from the Crypt Presents: Ritual - A headstrong doctor (played by a painfully noseless Jennifer Grey) accepts a hospice care position in Jamaica, only to find herself battling crazed Obeah practitioners and feline leukemia. Co-starring Tim Curry as the lecherous veterinarian.

Brotherhood of Satan - There are these people, see, and they worship Satan. I haven't watched this one yet.

Hell's Gate - A fresh, evil take on my least favorite New Age fad. Instead of 11:11 showing up on clocks and representing digital hugs from guardian angels, the mysterious numbers are found at crime scenes, carved into dead bodies. I only caught a few minutes of this flick before realizing it was way past my bedtime, but what little I saw included lots of screaming, so I'm sure it'll be worth the five bucks I paid for it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So we have Corey (not old enough to BE in a frat) Feldman...nice.

Oh and did we get the number of the lecherous vet? We might need him for Cagney one day.

Evn said...

Sadly, the lecherous vet was stabbed to death by a scheming Jamaican police superintendent. I'll watch The Brotherhood of Satan tonight and see how well they handle cats.

Run Run Reddy do Riggles said...

Corey Haim & Corey Feldman used to call each other Haimster & the Feldog. True Story.