Thursday, October 19, 2006

Knowing Is Half the Bottle

I was shopping for wholesome, salty snacks at the convenience store across the street from my apartment, when I noticed they carried Irish-themed malt liquor. I know from Irish beer, but Irish malt liquor? WTF?

I was dismayed by the agressively stereotypical brand name and logo, but at the same time strangely intrigued. Would it taste like real beer? Was the brewery Irish owned and operated? Was malt liquor even produced in breweries? Also I was kind of thirsty.

So I bought some Irish malt liquor, and then I drank it.

And now I'm hungover. The end.

7 comments:

Pan said...

From one bottle?
Either you're a total light-wieght or it is in fact Irish.
--Pan

Evn said...

Um...

It was more like a six-pack. But yeah, let's go with I'm a light-weight. That's strikes me as more appealing.

The bottles were shaped like little green glass whiskey barrels. If I can peel the labels off, they'd make adorable candle holders.

Pan said...

If you don't know how to get the label off, I do.
I would love a couple of little green whiskey barrel bottles for my growing collection of glass bottle type things.
*grin*

R.D. Tastisnack said...

This story had a rather abrupt conclusion and little resolution. Also, you have 10 minutes - make the most of your time. For that reason, I'm awarding you 2nd in the round, and Mr. Fox 5th, because he's kind of douchey.

Evn said...

And my speaker points? Did I break to semis?

Great, now I'm having a flashback...

Secure Ed Idol said...

Because of an unbreakable tie, we will have an 8 person informative final. Prepare to die.

Evn said...

I'd rather slit my wrists with a small black binder than ever sit through an 8-person round again.