Sunday, September 10, 2006

Sad Evn. Sad, sad Evn.

I haven't been feeling very bloggy lately. The death of the Crocodile Hunter really got to me, far more than I would have expected. I think it's due to the terrible crush I had on him, along with the bitterly ironic nature of his demise. [ed. note to the secular media: Stingrays hardly ever kill people. Please stop writing "news" stories about the dangers of stingray excursions. Oh, and while you're at it, get off the cruise industry's back, for crying out loud.]

The impending doom of my birthday is creeping up on me as well, an annual angst gala currently poking holes in my normally chipper, sarcastic facade. Perhaps to take my mind off of it, I'll do some research and see if I can determine Steve Irwin's religion, then drop by an affiliated church and light some candles for him. Honoring the dead strikes me as a handy way to drain away the self-centered, nihilistic navel-gazing in which I'm currently wallowing. Or at least put a few things in perspective.

Speaking of perspectives, my personal perception of reincarnation is spherical rather than linear. As such, I sincerely hope Irwin comes back as a crocodile in ancient Egypt.

No comments: