Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I thought you people had Commandments

This totally sounds like a cheesy joke in a chain e-mail, but here's what happened:

I was pulling out of my office parking lot when a mammoth SUV, cruising at a comfortable altitude of about 40 miles per hour over the speed limit, came flying at me. The driver--a slim woman in her late 30's, well-coiffed, designer sunglasses, 2-year-old in the back seat--blared her horn, swerved around next to me and hollered obscenities while shaking her fist menacingly. Then she sped up and cut me off.

Traffic suddenly slowed to a crawl, as is wont to happen on Houston roadways. I was stuck behind her, seething to a rolling boil, with nothing to do but admire the jesus-fish plaque on the back of her car.

2 comments:

CmdrSue said...

I had to read this one off to my husband. We have the same women here in Virginia! I think we need to get them all to The Holy Land Experience... and keep them there.

Evn said...

Whoah, is that girl on the homepage talking to Jesus? I thought he didn't do personal appearances anymore...