Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Accessorizing the Damned

While idly thumbing through online occult catalogs, I came across a gorgeous pendant: a simple runic design, cast in sterling silver. It was elegant and affordable, and I Had To Have It. Skipping over to the phone, I called a friend and directed him to the Web site, so that he could marvel and coo along with me. He logged on and examined a couple of images, then let out a sigh.

"Evn... you know this is the emblem of the SS, right?"

For those of you not up on your World War II people and places, SS stands for Schutzstaffel, the ruthless paramilitary police force of Nazi Germany. So not only am I so clueless that I failed to recognize the symbol of one of the most cruel and inhumane organizations ever to infest the planet, but I thought their symbol was pretty.

Perhaps if I pulled my head out of NeoPagandom's ass every now and again, I wouldn't fall down so much.

No comments: