Friday, August 12, 2005

My name's not Bamber

I've been thinking about traffic lights, and their relevance to the general Pagan community. And yes, I realize that sounds like an odd stream of consciousness, but hear me out. Over the years, I've met several individuals who fell into Wicca and/or Paganism because... um, go ahead and sit down for a sec. Comfy? Okay, good... because when they want a traffic light to stay green, they just think about it, and the light remains green long enough for them to drive through. Such is the awesome scope of their mighty psychic and magical power.

So yeah, I've been thinking about this lately. Not about how ludicrous it sounds (I told you to sit down, didn't I?), but because it actually seems to work.

At some point in your life, you've barreled towards a green light while thinking "Stay green! Stay green, damn you!" And I would hazard a guess that you were not the only one on the road having those thoughts. More than likely, everyone in the cars around you--Christian, Pagan, Buddhist, Hindu, Baha'i, Snake Handler, whatever--was thinking the exact same thing, determined to not get stuck at a red light. So what we have, then, is a large group of individuals focusing their mentalities down to a single, shared intent, and all that energy joins together and projects outward. As such, the light stays green. The first person to be distracted by a Britney Spears song disrupts that flow of energy, and gets left behind as the light changes color.

See? Not ludicrous at all.

On a related note, the first person to post a comment listing the title and artist of the song referenced in the headline of this entry will win a prize. A nifty prize. Promise.

You can get up now.

3 comments:

The Self Reformed Drama Queen said...

The song is "I Like Traffic Lights" by Monty Python. I think it was on "Monty Python's Contractual Obligation Album". So....what do I win? ;-)

Evn said...

Hmmm... I kind of expected my friend Sarah to win, on account of she's the only person I know who reads this blog with any kind of regularity. Give me a couple of hours to come up with something.

Editor Choice said...

Many Thanks for your nice blog. I will come back.
I wanted just to mention an interesting site about Religions. With more than 500 pages, Religion News and Articles:Religion Universe: Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, Islam, Judaism, Taoism (Daoism) and many others