Friday, April 09, 2004

Listen carefully to hear Red Delicious' head explode

I just received my next writing assignment from OutSmart Magazine: interviewing Michael Thomas Ford (a gay humorist/essayist; the source of the majority of my forensics pieces; my idol) about his newest book. As if that wasn't enough to give me an aneurism, the editors gave me all the relevant contact info and were like, "Have at it." So now I'm calling his publicist in New York, leaving Very Important Messages, etc. I feel so grown up, I could just plotz.

In other news... wait, there is no other news. I get to call up one of my favorite authors and have a nice chat about literary things. Here's my secret, cunning plan: MTF is going to be so impressed with my professionalism and earnestness, he's going to give me his address and say, "Drop by next time you're in San Fran," and I'll be all, "Sure thing, Michael Thomas Ford!" And then when I write my first novel, he'll endorse it, and I'll win the Lambda Literary Award, and in 50 years, we'll sit on the front porch of the Retirement Village for Gay Writers of the Early 21st Century and talk about times past, and how our friendship has been such a grounding influence all throughout our lives.

Yeah, good times.

No comments: