Wednesday, December 03, 2003

Crazy like a Network

Despite my general loathing for all things Reality TV, I watched The Simple Life tonight, and I have to say it is so much fun laughing at rich people. I know that's what Fox wants. I know this show is nothing more than an opportunity for viewers to make fun of spoiled celebrities and redneck yokels. I know I am quickly becoming one of the slack-jawed masses. I don't care. Nicole Richie with cowshit on her face was priceless.

The way I figure it, if I've managed to go this long without getting trapped in the sticky, sticky web of reality television (I am happy to say that I have never watched "American Idol" or anything involving bachelorettes, and I have yet to understand who Trista and Ryan are or why I should care about their wedding), I can watch a couple of rich girls milk cows. Right? Right?!? Oh God, I'm caving to pop culture, aren't I?

*sigh*

Next week, Paris Hilton dances all sexy at a honky tonk. Nobody call me on Wednesday night.

No comments: